Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gifts from Claire bear


I had a rough day at work. It was a tough day and I felt overwhelmed by it. I couldn't wait to come home and see Claire. I knew it would all disappear, at least for the evening. And, it was just as I thought. I came home, hugged and snuggled with my baby girl, and realized that it doesn't matter. Even though she is a snot-nosed, fever-filled little girl at the moment, she is the sweetest little baby girl in the world. I was putting her to bed tonight. We were rocking in her chair and I was singing her favorite bedtime song. She looked up at me and smacked her lips to give me a kiss and then pasted one big wet one on me. I melted inside.

Claire shows me the power of just letting go. She gives me strength. She makes me want to be better, to love deeper, and to breathe. Deep breath... sigh... relief...and just breathe. I will do my best to leave the stresses of work at work and love my family first.

2 comments:

Price said...

Ah, well said. We are blessed with pure joy!

Papa John said...

We are supposed to be the teachers, but isn't it amazing what we can learn from small children?

Papa John