Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mommy misses her baby girl

So, I started work again this week and I have been so depressed. I miss my baby girl so much! We had so much fun this summer playing together- swimming, playing outside, making trips to the museum, shopping together, taking vacations and doing lots of snuggling. Claire seems to be doing just fine going back to day care full-time. In fact, she practically runs to her classroom. I can't lie; it hurts my feelings a bit. Don't get me wrong, though. I am SOO thankful and grateful that she likes her school, her teachers, and her friends there. I wouldn't want it any other way, but it does sting a bit for her to run to her classroom and say "Bye bye Momma."

So I was missing my girl today and left work a bit early to spend some quality time with her. We played outside on her swingset, we laughed and wrestled around on the bed, and we read lots of books. I could tell, though, that Claire was missing Mommy a bit too. Every so often, Claire would look up at me, give me a huge hug, bury her face in my arms, kiss me and say "Momma." Every time, tears would well up in my eyes and I realize how lucky I am. I have so many blessings in my life. One of the biggest ones is my sweet baby girl.

No comments: