Monday, February 2, 2015

It's a...

October 2014 - This pregnancy, I am considered "advanced maternal age,"  or in the world of pregnancy - OLD.  Because of this, I was urged to complete a full genetic screening which now includes gender reveal?!  I still will never quite fully understand how they can take my blood and know fetal DNA from it.  Crazy?!  Modern medicine is pretty amazing!  I have to admit that completing this test was extremely unnerving to me.  I sat in the lab tech's chair and cried while she took the blood from my arm.  She asked me if I was okay and I answered "Yes, I am fine.  This is just really unnerving."  I am not sure she really understood what I meant.  Having a baby, making a baby, carrying a baby, bringing a baby into the world, raising a baby, etc...is the greatest miracle God gives us.  While I sat in that chair that day, I had this overwhelming sense of God's love and of the miracle of pregnancy as she drew my blood and it held the genetic information that would tell me what gender my baby is, but more importantly, it would tell me if my baby is healthy or not.  It completely overwhelmed me and, in a way I can not put into words, upset me.  But, to reveal baby tres's gender, we decided to have my parents, my sister, and my nephews come over for a little reveal party.  We got Mimi & Papa, Lashelle & my nieces, and Cat & Toni on the phone.  Daren received the news first in order to plan the reveal.  I wanted to be surprised too!  Daren ordered cupcakes with the appropriately colored filling inside the cupcake.  We all took a guess, wrote it down, and then tore into the cupcakes.  So click on the link below to find out the gender of baby #3!


We had our 12 week sonogram a few days later which also confirmed that he is super healthy.  He was so busy during this appointment, though, that they had trouble getting solid measurement of the nuchal tube & some other things, which was a bit frustrating.  When he should face us, he would turn his back to us.  When he should turn his back, he would face us.  It was comical but also very frustrating.  Baby boy's stubborn streak made for a very sore Mommy since there was poking and prodding and pushing and pulling in order to try to get him to cooperate.  The measurements that were taken (his belly, his skull, his legs, his stomach) were all indicative of a very healthy little baby, so we feel really blessed.  When we come back for the 20 week appointment, they will get the measurements they missed this time assuming he cooperates.

12 weeks and there is a BUMP in there
Our guesses (Mimi & Papa guessed BOY, Cat & Toni guessed GIRL, Lashelle guessed GIRL)
It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since Daddy knew, he bought his son a few presents that we opened after the reveal.  :-)
There he is waving to the camera!
Leg and a foot!
His face with his hands on either side 
This 3D picture is pretty creepy but there he is sitting upright!
Hi buddy!

No comments: