Thursday, July 18, 2013

The beauty of Colorado

This year, our annual Nix vacation was to Estes Park, Colorado.  I have so many pictures to post but I'd like to dedicate this post to the beauty of Colorado.  There were many, many occasions where I was very overcome and overwhelmed with just the land and the wildlife.  Of course, I will follow this blog post with pictures of our family enjoying our vacation in Colorado, but I would be remiss to pass up the chance to post pictures of the beauty we witnessed.

On the tram leading up to Pike's Peak
The magnitude of these rocks is hard to show in a picture but it was majestic. 
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
I took this picture on Pike's Peak at 14,000 feet staring out into the canyon below
Lily Lake
The mountains that sit behind the town of Estes Park
Sprague Lake
Just a couple of elk...
We rode this to the top and hiked
The view at the top of the gondola ride
On our journey to the top of the hike from the gondola, I noticed this cross.  It really moved me.
We took a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a 10 month old up the top of a long hike for this amazing view!!!
Is it an elk or Rudolph??

No comments: