Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy 65th Birthday, Grandma!

Wow!  I got very behind on the blog, so I am going to try to catch up in a few posts.  I certainly can't let Grandma's 65th birthday go without writing about it.  We celebrated Mom/Grandma all weekend by spending good, quality time together outside by the pool grilling, swimming and playing.  We made Grandma a book of photographs that document her years as an AMAZING grandmother.  The kids wrote about Grandma.  When asked what they love most about Grandma, the kids' answers sum Grandma up so beautifully.  They wrote "she is always nice," "she takes good care of me," "she helps me when I have problems," and "she gives the best hugs ever."  Grandma is the best grandmother to all of our children.  She shows up for everything.  She participates in all activities.  She takes care of the kids when we need help.  They love her.  They need her.  They have a bond with her that is amazing.  They wrote some funny things too.  I love that one of them said that the funniest thing about Grandma is "all the silly songs she sings."  Growing up, I remember her constantly singing and I love that the legacy of that memory lives on through the kids.  Another wrote that "she says funny words like doo-doo and ratfinks."  She is so special and I am forever grateful that she is my Mother.  She shows us all in all ways what unconditional, strong love is and she shows up for each of our lives in an honest, open way EVERY day.  She is the rock of the family.  We love you, Mom.  We cherish you, Grandma.  We wish you many, many more birthdays.  You are the best.

Grandma and her grandchildren
Getting a little help blowing out her candles

Grandma, Harper and Claire

No comments: