We headed to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica to celebrate the marriage of our dear friend, Kevin Magner, to his lovely bride Hilary. This was not a flight I was excited to take, considering that it involved a Costa Rican puddle jumper that allowed no more than 25 pounds a person. We flew over the water and into the jungle - yikes! Let's just say that the anxiety levels were high. Despite all of that, I would do it all over again. Costa Rica didn't disappoint. It was one of the most beautiful places we've ever been!
 |
| Puddle jumper |
 |
| I knew it was going to be our kind of place when the little flight
landed in the middle of the jungle with cold beer waiting! Thank the
Lord! |
 |
| Daren and I arrived and enjoyed a drink and a walk on the beach before
we headed to the welcoming party to celebrate the "couple to be." |
 |
| Cody, Brooke, Daren and I decided to brave it and go ziplining through
the jungle. It was so beautiful and quite the workout. We had a blast! |
 |
| Rehearsal dinner was at an incredible sushi place. The sushi kept
coming and coming and coming... I think I ate 30 pieces that night. It
was divine. This is a picture of Henry, Cody, Daren and Kevin. These
boys lived together all through college and have remained close friends
since. |
 |
| Our group stayed at a place called Latitude 10. It wonderful and packed
full of jungle creatures - monkeys, iguanas and birds of all sorts.
This picture is right before we headed to the beachfront where Kevin and
Hilary said "I do." |
 |
| The bride and groom are tying the knot as the sun goes down with the beach in the background - picture perfect! |
 |
| The Wedding Crew |
 |
| We spent our last night on a mountaintop overlooking Santa Teresa. It
was beautiful. We had a wonderful dinner and an adventure or two, as a
torrential downpour began at the end of our meal. All in all, it was
the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen and worth every minute of time
we spent in the restaurant in the dark waiting for the electricity to
come back. Costa Rica is a treat! It is heaven on earth. Thank you to
the Magners for including us in your special day. We loved every
minute. |
 |
| This little guy hung out with us by our pool. He joined us when he was thirsty. |
 |
| This tree was right in front of Daren and my casita. I loved it. |
 |
| Our monkey friends... |
No comments:
Post a Comment