


Harper Ann Nix arrived on September 10, 2009 at 10:13 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz and was 20 inches long. We had a 4 day stay in the NICU due to transitional issues regarding her stomach, but she has been home since Monday and is a sweetheart. During Harper's stay in the NICU, she dropped down to 7 lbs. 2 oz, but we went to Dr. Ramirez today and I am proud to say that Miss Harper is now up to 7 lbs. 15 oz!!! So, the nursing is going well. YAY!!!
It is so funny how quickly you forget that babies spend all of their time sleeping. Eat, sleep, poop. She is a sweet, sweet snugglebug. Claire is doing pretty well with the changes. She has her moments, but she loves to help me "wipe Harper's bottom." Today, Harper pooped in to the clean diaper Claire picked out for Harper, and Claire thought it was hysterical that she pooped right after she pooped. :-) She eats about every 2-3 hours. Mommy is fairly sleep deprived, but I honestly feel more rested and calm than I did the last 3-4 weeks of Harper's pregnancy. There isn't much daytime napping going on due to Miss Claire bear, but I feel blessed and I feel lucky. I have a happy, good family. Yay for our new family of four!!
No comments:
Post a Comment