Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Mama Drama

After much drama (or lack thereof) this past weekend, we are scheduled for an induction on Thursday, September 10 at 5 am. It's going to be early in the morning, folks, and judging by this baby's stubborn nature, it may take ALL day for him/her to grace us with his/her presence. :-)

Here's what happened (for those who don't know):
Daren and I went to our appt. with Dr. Cowan last Thursday only to find out I was dilated between 4-5 cm. and 70% effaced. With a 7-8 pound baby, Dr. Cowan decided to put me out of my misery, strip my membranes and this was SURE to push me in to labor. Well, it didn't work. It tricked my body. I had false labor on Thursday night...2 hours of hard, awful contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart and then nothing. It was so frustrating. Catherine flew in. The Nixes came. The Ferinas were ready. Mom and Dad were with me. It was perfect. I guess this just goes to show that it wasn't in God's plan for the baby to arrive on Labor Day weekend. So, all is set for the baby to arrive on September 10th and we can't wait to meet Baby #2!

No comments: