Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mommy Getaway


We have been friends for as long as I can remember. We went to elementary, junior high, and high school together. Monica and I were college roommates too. I guess that is proof as to how much we love each other. We were all in each other's weddings. Now, we are Mommies together. It is a special bond and it is really fun to watch two of my closest friends be Mommies. We spent two days in beautiful Fredricksburg- our Moms, our kiddos and us. We ate well, played lots, shopped and enjoyed catching up and hanging out. I treasure these friendships very much and I hope we spend the rest of our lives taking fun getaways like this one.

Wynn and Curt Pitts (Elizabeth's kiddos)- One year old!
They are both busy crawling. They love to say "hi" and they talk about their sweet dog, Gauge, all the time. They are full of smiles.


Kyla Buskuhl (Monica's daughter)- 8 months old!
Kyla is already trying to walk and smiles more than you can imagine.


Claire gave them a glimpse of what having a two year old is like. She went down for her nap in a bed for the very first time ever (we couldn't use the pack n play because she is both too heavy and too long). We thought she slept like a champ and I felt so proud of her. I went down to get her from the big girl bed when she woke up from her nap and she had painted her entire face and body with my lipstick. She was so covered in makeup that I didn't know what to do or where to begin to clean her up. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it but it is almost impossible to even imagine what she looked like. Grandma and Mommy had a sleepover in the bed with Claire. It was a long night but I think Claire really enjoyed rolling one way and seeing Mommy, then rolling the other way to find Grandma. She kept saying "Hi Ga-mma," "Snuggle Ga-mma," "Hi Mommy," and "Snuggle Mommy" all night long. I am not sure how much she slept but she had a fun night. :-)

She loved walking Miss Kyla around. Can you believe that Kyla is already trying to walk?! You go, girl!! It was good big sister practice for Claire bear and I thought she was very sweet with all the kiddos.

No comments: