Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter escapades

We kicked off our whirlwind of Easter events with Claire's school's Spring Fling. Grandma and Pops joined us and it was great fun! There were all kinds of activities, but we couldn't get Claire off of the slide so we spent our time there.

We then headed to Riverbend with Grandma and Pops for the Easter Eggstravaganza for an incredible morning. It truly was one of the most spectacular children's events I have ever seen- face painting, petting zoo, egg hunts for every age group, moon walks, chicken dances, etc... We did it all! It was a blast and Claire was POOPED!

Sunday rolls around and Claire woke up to her 1st real visit from the Easter bunny. He came last year but all of her goodies were in a basket. This time, she hunted eggs (in the house since it was raining). She definitely caught on pretty quickly to the idea of "eggs" and "chocolate," as she puts it. She had a blast and we had even more fun watching her.
We headed to church after her hunt and it was wonderful. It was packed and all of the children were dressed in their Easter suits and dresses which I love! Let's not forget, though, the real meaning of Easter. He is risen! The sermon talked about the Good News attached to Jesus's resurrection and the hope it brings people each year when we are reminded of His blessing. I love going to church because it reinforces for me all the blessings of my life and all the good news we constantly receive, even in the midst of the bad. It puts things in perspective for me. I am blessed. I hope that I can pass on the same feelings to my daughter of appreciation and satisfaction. Too many waste time on what they don't have or what they wish they had. I hope that she will learn the true meaning of Easter and that it is not just about bunnies, candy, chocolate and eggs. I hope she learns that Easter is about the resurrection of God's greatest gift.

We had brunch with my nephews (which is always a treat), my sister, my brother in law and my parents. We ate at the UT club which was fun because the kids love to run around outside there. We had naps and then we met back up at Grandma and Pops for another Easter egg hunt and a special treat from Grandma. She baked a bunny cake and let the kids decorate. Check it out!! It is pretty funny!

No comments: