September 10, 2014 - I can't believe our baby girl turned five. There's something about five that seems old. It is a bittersweet thing watching my children grow up. Each new stage is more and more fun, but it also means they are one step closer to not needing me as much. I hope they always need me to some degree, but I also understand that part of being a Mom is letting them go to figure out life in their own ways.

Dear Harper,
You are my precious baby girl. You are special in every way. You are so funny and so much fun. You know how to let loose and have a good time. You have a goofy sense of humor that makes us all laugh. You also have the most loving, kind heart. You notice everything and have given Mommy countless embarrassing moments by asking honest questions at a challenging time. Ha! You give the best spontaneous hugs and kisses. As fun-loving and silly as you can be, you are also much more cautious and structured than your big sister. You have an order to the way you do everything, and you don't like it when that order gets rearranged for any reason. You love being with your friends, your cousins, your big sister, anyone...you love being around others. You do not love being alone. You are a rock star of a sleeper and a fantastic eater. You love your baby dolls, your dollhouse, watching Max & Ruby and Sofia the First. You love all of the Disney princesses and your Barbies. You wear a tutu just about wherever you go. Anything that sparkles is your favorite accessory. I love you so much, sweet sunshine bear. I am not sure if you know why I named you sunshine bear but it is literally because from a very early age as a baby, you have always been full of sunshine. You make me proud and you make me happy. I love you always, and nothing you can do or say will ever make me love you any less. I love you, Harper Ann!
 |
| Look who's 5! |
 |
| Blowing out WAY more than 5 candles! :-) |
 |
| Harper and one of her best friends, Abby |
 |
| Silly girl with her balloons... |
No comments:
Post a Comment