This was my fundraising page:
Why do I ride? I ride in memory of the beautiful women I've known who have lost their battle with ovarian cancer. I ride in honor of the warrior women who are currently fighting the disease. I ride on a team with my warrior women friends so that we can work together to raise money for a wonderful cause. I also ride in honor of my two daughters, Claire and Harper, so that one day, they will Be The Difference, too.
Did you know that... One woman is diagnosed with ovarian cancer every 24 minutes. 22,000 women, this year. One woman dies from ovarian cancer every 37 minutes. 15,000 women, this year. Sadly, 70% of the women diagnosed with ovarian cancer will die from the disease. And there is no reliable early detection test available for ovarian cancer.
These women are our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends and they deserve better. We all deserve better.
On March 30, 2014, I will be participating in Wheel to Survive, an inspirational 6 hour indoor cycling event where 100% of the money I raise money will help women battling ovarian cancer today and to provide research dollars for a cure. Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Please help me reach my goal by making a donation today. You can also help me reach my goal by sharing my page or link with your friends by email, or on Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter. Better yet, register today and come ride with me.
Thank you for your generous support and joining me to Be the Difference in the fight against ovarian cancer. MY OVARIES THANK YOU TOO! Our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends are counting on us. The time is NOW!
![]() |
| 3 of the Wheel Warriors - Lissa, me, Jennifer AND notice my tattoo!! I finally got my "dream come true" sleeve. Even if only temporarily... |
![]() |
| Go Wheel Warriors! |


No comments:
Post a Comment