Mommy decided to take Valentine's Day off and just be a Mommy. My day was packed full of fun activities with the girls, and it was much needed medicine for what has been a stressful couple of weeks in the Nix household chocked full of house showings, packing boxes, moving things to storage, selling things on Craig's List, donating to Goodwill, etc...
The girls woke up to their Valentine's treats from us and to a home cooked breakfast. Then, off to school!
I volunteered to man the "bookmark making table" at Claire's Valentine's party. I had a blast making bookmarks with Claire and her friends. I headed to Harper's class party after Claire's. Harper's little class was precious too. Most of all, I had a blast being with two of my loves. :-) They were excited I was there, and I am very thankful to have taken the day off. After the girls went to bed, Daren and I enjoyed a nice, home cooked meal and a glass of wine or two. It was a perfect day full of the three most important blessings in my life - my girls and my man.
 |
| Claire and Harper before school all dressed up in their cute Valentine's outfits from Mimi & Papa! |
 |
| Mrs. Scace chose Claire to begin the Valentine card pass-around. She did a great job giving them out and telling everyone "Happy Valentine's Day!" She chose Barbie Valentine's with a Ring Pop. Every time she gave a boy the Barbie card and the Ring Pop, she said to him, "Just giggle about it, ok?! I know you don't like Barbies or rings, but just giggle." Cracked me up and caused quite a laugh among the other parents there! |
 |
| Mommy and my valentine |
 |
| She's so excited! |
 |
| Casen, Ava and Claire being silly on the Kindergarten couch |
 |
| Harper's classroom door was decorated with these signs that each child answered. I love Harper's answer. :-) |
 |
| Harper patiently waiting to see what's inside her Valentine's shoebox. She was so excited! I don't think this picture quite does justice to showing the self control it was taking for her to wait for all of her friends to receive their shoeboxes full of cards. |
 |
| Harper and her bestie, Abby |
 |
| Mommy and Harper enjoyed a little quality time playing outside before we went back to Hill to pick up Claire. She's such a fun loving, smart, silly little girl! We had so much fun playing and hanging out. |
 |
| Every day when Harper and I pick Claire up from school, she climbs this tree in the front of Hill. Valentine's Day was no different. This time, Harper decided that she wanted to join. |
 |
| Daren came home from work that night with roses for his two sweet girls who LOVE their Daddy so much! I love that Daren thought of his sweet girls in this way. Warmed my heart. (He came home with flowers for Mommy too.) |
1 comment:
what a perfect day hearts day!!! :)
Post a Comment