Sunday, November 18, 2012

Birthday parties without sister

Last weekend, each of my sweet girls had a birthday party of her own to attend.  Personally, I really love it for them when this happens.  Don't get me wrong.  I love, for me and for them, when they both are invited to a birthday party.  But when each gets to be at an event alone,  I LOVE watching how each interacts at a party among all of her friends without sister around at all.  They are different when they aren't looking out for each other or being followed around by each other.

Harper's little friend had her birthday party at a local park.  A children's musician came to play songs.  Harper FLIPPED!  Little sunshine bear had so much fun!  I laughed for the entire two hours watching Harper at this party.  She had the BEST time.

When we first got to the park, Harper wanted to climb this contraption.  She stopped every step to do a ballet move or two.  Cracked me up!  You can see the joy in her little face.
Harper with the birthday girl
The musician was playing and the toddler mosh pit was getting warmed up.  Again, look at Harper.  Pure joy!
Serious faces during story time.  This picture cracked me up because they all went from bouncing around to spellbound in an instant.  The musician was really good, huh!?
 Mommy then spent the afternoon at a local entertainment park with Claire and some of her friends.  Claire was so excited and we experienced several firsts - first teacups, first go carts, first laser tag.  Claire Bear was petrified to go in laser tag without me.  I didn't want her to miss out and I know Claire well enough to know that if I got her in there, she would have a blast.  So, Mommy strapped on the laser tag gear and headed in the room with Claire.  In a few short minutes, she was off and having a blast.  Mommy snuck out and she didn't even notice.  Way to go, Claire.

Ready to go!  She was one of only two girls with about 10 boys.  This was a time where the gender difference definitely shined.  The boys kicked some rear in laser tag!
Ready to go for a drive!
F1, here she comes!  She put the pedal to the medal and took off! 
Time for teacups.  They begged me to turn the wheel so I climbed in and off we went.  I was dizzy for hours.
Post teacups - Dax and Claire taking a breather
Claire and her little friend Katherine on the roller coaster

No comments: