1. Mother's Day- I was the sickest I've been in years. I have no pictures to show for the day. I have no memories. I went to the Minute Clinic with 103 fever and the worst sore throat I can remember. I had strep so Daren quarantined me from being around the girls and I slept fighting a fever fog for a solid 48 hours. Oddly, it wasn't the Mother's Day I imagined but it was a special one. Daren and the girls made me a beautiful frame with the girls' sweet handprints on it. Daren graced me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a homemade breakfast. Both girls made sweet gifts through school. Although I felt awful and I didn't really get to spend the time I wanted to spend with my sweet girls, I felt loved and honored. I love being a Mommy. Nothing fills me up more and it was nice to feel special.
2. Harper- She is growing up. She talks incessantly. She smiles and laughs all the time. Harper is truly one of the sweetest, happiest little girls! Harper is fearless and fun. She will do anything. She is busy and energetic. She is snuggly and so sweet. She loves Daisy and she loves to give Daisy hugs. Some of her favorite moments are when Daisy is in her crib, when she is putting her babies night night, when she waters the flowers outside, when she reads books, and when she is with "Issy." (Claire) She loves her "Issy" so much. She is Issy's shadow, and they have grown to be good friends. Harper is smart. She knows her colors. She can count to ten. She knows the words to many songs. Harper loves to dance, to swing, to read and to laugh. Harper is a sweet soul. She is so easygoing. We love our sweet Harper Ann!
3. Claire- Claire has so quickly become a big girl. She is compassionate, loving, funny, and so sweet. Claire is and has always been a very easy little girl. She rolls with the punches and she loves life. She is up for any adventure and her willingness to try new things always impresses her Mommy. She is brave, strong, opinionated and so intuitive. Nothing gets by Claire. She notices everything. This trait makes for a lot of laughs but sometimes leads to embarrassing moments because she hasn't fully learned that some things we just don't say. Claire is 100% girl. She loves to dress up and play with makeup. She loves to color. She loves to dance and sing and play teacher. She has grown to be an incredible big sister. She is protective of Harper and patient with her. One of my favorite sister moments lately are when we are in the car and Harper is bossing Issy to sing "Row, Row" or "Baa,Baa" or "Sweet Caroline" and Claire sweetly obliges over and over again.
Life is good. We are blessed. Our girls fill me up. I couldn't be a prouder Mommy. I couldn't enjoy my role as a Mommy more. The only thing I am missing is more time. I just want more time to laugh, to snuggle, to dance, to water the plants, to love my sweet girls. But, I will take my life exactly as it is. I wouldn't change a thing. I love my sweet, amazing husband a million times more than the day I married him. I look at him and I truly see my best friend and my life partner. I am proud of him as a husband, as a friend, as a business man and as a father. I have married and promised my life to an amazing person! I can't believe that I have loved him for more than 14 years. Really, I wanted to take the time and the effort to articulate that I am blessed. Life is sweet.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment