We have been members at Riverbend now for over a year. We have been attending for three or four years, off and on. As we became parents, it became extremely important to both of us that we found a church home we both enjoyed and loved, and that had a really strong children's program for when we decided to grow our family. Being a devout Episcopalian, I have to admit that Riverbend was a serious shift, but it is the one church that Daren and I kept going back to over and again. We feel welcome. We feel loved. We feel God's presence. Claire loves her Sunday school class and she loves going to the children's theater. She knows about Jesus and His love. She is learning about the stories of the Bible. And, I love it!!And, I digressed...
The point is that the ceremony of an infant baptism that existed in the Episcopal church (the sacrament that Claire received) does not exist at Riverbend. At Riverbend, they dedicate infants with the idea being that we, as parents, dedicate our lives to raising Harper in a Christian home. Harper is welcomed as a family member of the church. To top off the wonderful service, I was so excited because one of my favorite church songs "Hallelujah" was performed and it felt like the perfect touch.
Brett and Kelly, 2 of Harper's godparents, (our sisters also being godparents), made a video of the event. Copy and paste the link in your browser and enjoy!
http://sharing.theflip.com/session/ea27305dfbf492597f43cc1550ae85b9/video/17385788
A picture of Brett and Harper. Picture Kelly standing there with them too. :-) Baby Max was about 10 days old and Mommy needed to snuggle with Max at home. :-)

Our family before Harper's Dedication



No comments:
Post a Comment