Monday, November 16, 2009

Claire's 1st trip to Houston


This past weekend, Claire went for her 1st weekend getaway to Houston with Mimi, Papa and LaLa. In actuality, it was not the first time she has been there alone. She also stayed a weekend there without us when we went to Chicago, but I guess this is the first weekend since she can walk and talk. :-)

The weekend began with a fun trip to the park!Then a Saturday trip to the zoo where she got to pet and brush goats as well as climb into a prairie dog den. The prairie dog den looks like some sort of alien planet...it cracked me up! I can just imagine how fascinating that must have been for Claire.

She even got to see an elephant!They also celebrated LaLa's belated birthday with a yummy chocolate cake.
And finished with a morning walk as a tiger with Papa as well as some world class golf lessons
As Mimi said, "she even keeps her head down." What a girl!
Claire had a great time! She told stories and talked about her adventures the whole way home, and I am sure we will hear about them for days to come. She is so funny! It's fun to watch Claire grow up and enjoy her relationships with all of the people who love her. She is a lucky girl...

3 comments:

Lashelle said...

Uhhh...the prairie dog/alien bubble was not as fun as it looks!!! You had to crawl through this small tunnel and then crawl up to the bubble. I almost had an anxiety attack that we were going to get stuck! Oh the things we will do for the little people we love!!! The funniest part was getting out. There wasn't enough space to turn around, so I had to crawl out backwards. Claire, crawling normal, looks up at me like I'm crazy. Then she just kind of shrugs, turns around, and starts crawling out backwards, too! I couldn't get out fast enough!!!

Papa John said...

Pretty good looking golf swing, eh? Look out Michelle Wie!!

emprice said...

Claire is getting so big! such a beautiful little girl =)